Sunday, April 4, 2010

Time for a little R&R

Spring Break has arrived...well on the school calendar anyways....the weather here says otherwise. Highs in the upper 40's mid 50's and don't get me started on the rain and wind. I'm assuming this is winter's fun little trick...she skipped us during the "obvious" months and is coming for a visit when your mind has told itself she is long gone. I won't lie...it is draining on your mental state of being. There is something so innate about your body wanting some sun...warmth. I didn't realize you could actually "crave" wanting to wear to a tank top or flip flops....but you can! I do at least. Thank goodness I was just in AZ.


So yes..it is Spring Break....and yes...I am off to leave town for a couple of days. I have grown accustomed to life in the Northwest. I have learned how to shift my "idea" of what Spring Break should be...and learn to embrace all that is around me. My friend Sarah and I are off to Cannon Beach, Oregon for the next four days. We have rented a cute condo on the beach. Here are some things I am looking forward to on our trip.....

* Hot tub over looking the beach/Ocean..and drinking wine while soaking
* taking long walks on the beach
* sleeping in
* Making meals..enjoying some good food and drinks
* discovering the little beach town of Cannon and all of it's fun shops!
* Reading my book while sitting on the balcony over looking the water
* Reading and catching up on my blogs..I can't wait
* Posting some great pics on my blog
* curling up on the couch and watching movies
* Hiking
* dining out at some yummy small town restaurants
* taking some fabulous pictures!


So..it's not Mexico...and there will be NO sunshine...just lots of rain and clouds. But there is something about getting away...giving yourself permission to rest and relax that is so appealing...so good for your heart and soul! I will be updating my blog while I am gone....to show you all the beauty that is Cannon Beach!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Fun blog!! Lots of great photos too! :D

N-Search of Peace! said...

I've missed you too sweetie! Thank you for stopping by after a long absence on my part.

Sometimes life just has a way....yet reading this post makes me want to be in it so much more!

You are love and you radiate it!

N-Peace