Monday, October 13, 2008

Wallace Falls

Yesterday my friend Meg and I set out to go on a marvelous Fall Hike. The weather was perfect....sunny and crisp 56 degrees. Tonga Ridge was the hike that we set out to find. It promised spectacular Fall colors. Now I should give you some background information about how outings go when Meg and I get together........ well let's just say we never end up where we wanted to be but always have a good time and see something new. Well yesterday was no exception. We headed out the door at 10am with coffee's in hand and fleeces on. We drove just 20 miles from Steven's Pass and were so excited when we found the Forest road that we needed. We headed down the road only to find.......it was CLOSED!! So plan B.......well we had passed a sign for Wallace Falls....so we decided to turn around and head back. On our way out we passed this train track......I took this picture for my friend Velvet Brick.















Isn't this neat! It's one of the many things that I love about this great state.




Now neither Meg nor I have ever been to Wallace Falls and to be honest we have never been interested in going.........mostly because it is right off the highway and a big tourist spot. But oh my.......it was lovely. We hiked 5 1/2 miles and enjoyed every second of it. Here are some pictures from the hike.






















This hike was so lush and green!




















Here is the waterfall. It was beautiful..........the picture on the right is a part of the trail.

















This is my friend.....Miss Meg.......yes I do actually have friends up here! Of course yours truly on the right.



This quote greeted you as you started the trail to Wallace Falls. Let nature be your teacher........I love that! What wonderful things we can learn from nature. I know that every time I get to spend my day outside in nature it is always a good day......no matter what. I feel blessed to live in a place that is so beautiful....so rich.....so full of nature. Today was a good day!
Happy Fall!

2 comments:

Carol Dunton said...

I LOVE THIS!! ESPECIALLY THE TRAIN TRACKS! The pic of you is cutie bug... I'm just gonna have to call you on the phone right now...here I go....

'ring, ring'
VB

azlori said...

Very pretty...but 56 degrees? Too cold for my blood! I'm in sweats right now and it is 72 degrees! Thats plenty cold for me! Glad you are enjoying your new home though!